Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Don't be scared

I want to share with you some things I've learned in my many success and failures over the last 15 years.
Don't be scared of trying something new. Ok you do need to try things that interest you. But if you don't try you'll never know. Just think you might end up really likening the new thing you just tried. I had plenty of things I thought I would like because the money would be good. But I don't end up liking it. So start out thinking about what you have around you. I look at the resources I have, then brain storm with those.
RESOURCES
1-Do you have a sewing machine, computer, camera, jewelry tools, ect.
2- do you know how to use them. (do not buy anything it is not necessary until you are making money)
Then Ask Your Self
1-what can I do with this? Make a list of new ideas take several days doing this.
2-Would anyone like it. (ok this is sort of no brainier I have seen almost every thing sell on etsy)
3-Would I enjoy doing this?
4-Would I make any money doing this? (remember to ask yourself this alot, I have found that it takes a lot more time making thing than I thought. You really have to like what you are doing or you have to be making money at it. those 2 things are the only things that will keep you doing it. This brings us to the next question.
5-Is it worth your time?
I think the net is an awesome place to try things for pennies. people don't know you are maybe using your camera phone, and a white piece of paper for your photo studio. They don't know you go to the library for the internet. If you can make things look professional you are professional.

I hope you are all trying new things often continue to learn monthly about new things, expanding our minds is so important as humans. It makes us feel important. If you have kids notice how they act when they learn something new, they show it off. We also do the same thing as adults, We need to continually feeding our minds with positive good information.

More on goods and bads Lists Next Post

7 comments:

wavecloud said...

Thanks for all the wisdom! I love your shop!

Glitzy Gallery Gal said...

How true! Good questions to ask yourself when starting up a business.

Jodie said...

Hiya back! Thanks for stopping by my blog. How come I can't seem to find a link to your shop here?

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Great advice! :)

Sweet 'n Sassy Baby said...

Great info! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier! We will have Christmas items, mostly appliques.

tagisa said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I like the advice you listed on yours. There are tons of things to think about when starting anew.
♥tagisa

The Bumble Bee Studio's blog!! said...

NICE blog petunia !! thanks so much for the kind comments you left on my thread !! if you need any help with anything at all....please feel free to convo me !!!

many hugs.....

bunnit
http://thebumblebeestudio.com/